This error can occur whilst signing in and is most likely caused by a Wi-Fi dropout, changes to the admin (eg: a deleted Visitor Type) or changes to your Wi-Fi network settings.
STEP 1: To try and remedy this issue in the first instance try disconnecting and re-connecting the Wi-Fi on the iPad. There may be some network updates you need to OK.
STEP 2: Use the browser on the iPad to double check you have an internet connection and see if you can reach the address of your VPass admin. If not, there may be something on your network that is blocking access and you may need to whitelist (on your Wi-Fi server) the three sites listed at the bottom of this page.
STEP 3: Failing that try deactivating and reactivating the iPad…
1. Go to Configuration (top bar menu) > Terminals (side bar menu). You should see your iPad listed there.
2. Click the red Deactivate Terminal Licence button.
The iPad should respond with a message saying Access Key Deactivated. If doesn’t try navigating around a little or attempting to sign in until the message pops up.
3. The listing in the admin should disappear. Click the Re-activate a Terminal button.
4. Enter your admin email and password. Any admin person’s credentials can be used.
5. Hit the Submit button.
6. The home page of the VPass App should come up.
Meanwhile in your VPass back on the admin web site, you should get a message like this (7) and the listing will re-appear here (8).
Hopefully this procedure might resolve any connection issues you might be having between the iPad and the admin web site.
STEP 4: If that doesn’t work, try testing the iPad on a hotspot network. If this causes the error message to disappear, it may indicate that something in your Wi-Fi network settings could be the cause.
If the iPad still doesn’t respond to the above steps, try:
- Deleting and re-installing the VPass 2 App on the iPad.
- Rebooting your iPad and Wi-Fi server.
- Depending on your locality, can the iPad’s browser reach the following URLs?: admin.vpass.io (Australia and NZ), admineu.vpass.io (Europe and Africa) or adminus.vpass.io (USA and Canada).
- Check that your Wi-Fi network allows apple push notifications. This help article may assist in that it may be important to open ports 5223 & 2195.
Additionally, check that the following web sites are whitelisted in your Wi-Fi network server settings. The sites vary according to your locality:
Australia & New Zealand
Europe & Africa
USA & Canada